Friday, January 22, 2010

Going Gocco!

Today was very exciting because I am now the proud owner of a Gocco B6 Printer thanks to my friend Lanie! Since supplies are expensive, I've been carefully considering what I want to print. I'm hoping to create lots of cute stationary, recipe cards, and other awesome things including maybe small decorated fabric things like bags and aprons. So many possibilities, and I'm hoping that a bit of searching will lead me to some helpful/inspirational blogs and websites. Anyway, here are some pictures of the gocco!


The gocco and accessories in their box.


Inks and screen cleaner.


Here you can see my roommate posing with the gocco.


Lanie also gave me this little book of images that you can burn onto the screens. Lots of cute images of boars and Chinese characters that I can't read.


We tested out some screens that Lanie had made for her wedding invitations and stored in the fridge. Unfortunately they seemed too old to print and we decided to try burning a new image onto the screen. It wasn't totally successful but we still managed to print part of an old screen just to get an idea of how it works.

It seems like cleaning the screens is going to be the real challenge. I found this website (northwoodstudios.us) that sells gocco supplies, including their own formula of gocco cleaner called Goccogrrl Screen Cleaner. I think I'll give it a try, since the cleaner that comes with the gocco seems messy and expensive to replace.

Here is a video tutorial of how to use the gocco. It looks like these videos are from the 80's or something, and they're accompanied by horrible (read: hilarious) music, but the instructions are very clear and straightforward.





Hopefully I'll be making lots of awesome prints! Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment