Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lino Test



My first lino print! Actually, my first relief print of any kind. I think it came out alright. I used some heavy printmaking paper since I have a bunch of scraps lying around from last semester. I think thinner paper is supposed to work better for relief printing, but this seemed to work okay (maybe the edges would have been crisper with thinner paper?)



This is a character I've been doodling lately for a series of images titled CONQUER EARTH. I'm designing some other characters and plan to make a series of prints and illustrations around this concept. More details once I've developed it a bit more. I'm hoping for a certain xmas present this winter that will give me access to a print studio so I can make some intaglio prints for the really big ideas. Until then, I'm going to practice with lino.

No comments:

Post a Comment